Keyword Density Checker
Paste in your text and view the keyword density output. You can also exclude certain keywords from being included in the output as well as use our list of built-in, editable stop words.
Tips for Optimal Keyword Density
- Natural keyword density: Your target keywords should be included in a way that makes sense in the context of your content.
- Avoid keyword stuffing: Overusing your target keywords in your content can negatively affect your SEO, so it’s important to avoid this.
- Use variations of your target keywords: Including variations, e.g. synonyms, of your target keywords can expand the semantic reach of your content and help avoid overusing exact matches.
- Content length: Longer content will naturally have a lower keyword density, while shorter content may have a higher density.
- Analyze the competition: Look at the keyword density of your top competitors and consider targeting similar density levels for your content.
- Prioritize high-quality content: Focus on creating valuable, high-quality content that satisfies user intent, and let keyword density be a natural byproduct of your content creation process.
In general, a keyword density of around 1-2% is often considered a good range to aim for, but this can vary depending on the factors mentioned above.